IToP Award (Indian Teachers of Psychiatry)
Indian Teachers of Psychiatry Award (IToP Award)
Minds United For Health Sciences and Humanity Trust Award For Indian Teachers of Psychiatry (IToP) started in year 2018 further expanded to undergraduate and postgraduate categories from the year 2019-2020. The two annual awards are named as “Minds United for Health Sciences & Humanity Trust IToP award”for best initiative or research for any Indian psychiatry teacher/teachers/department in undergraduate and postgraduate section.
The recipient of IToP award are as follows:
->Dr HR Vinay (AIMS BG Nagar) in year 2018
->Dr Mona N (SDUMC, Kolar) in undergraduate section-2019
->Dr Ajay Kumar, Department of Psychiatry, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Raipur under PG section, 2019
->For year 2020-21 in Undergraduate Section To The Department of Psychiatry, St John’s Medical College, Bengaluru, Karnataka for their consistent work on “How to teach psychiatry to medical students?”
->For the year 2020-21 in Postgraduate Section To The Department of Psychiatry, D.Y.Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai for initiating online program for psychiatry postgraduates, that is free for all PGs since 2015.
->For year 2021-22 in Undergraduate Section To The Department of Psychiatry, Saveetha Medical College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu for their undergraduate psychiatry education programs including research initiatives.
-> For the year 2021-22 in Postgraduate Section To The Department of Psychiatry, St John’s Medical College, Bengaluru for consistent, innovative & comprehensive education programs for psychiatry postgraduates.
Now Funded by Infosys Foundation Two Annual Awards, Each with Cash Prize Rs 5000/-, Memento & Certificate
- For any Initiative or Research that has implication in Undergraduate or Postgraduate Psychiatry Training in India
- For any Individual (Psychiatry Teacher who is currently affiliated to any educational institution in India) or group of psychiatry teachers from same or different institutions or the Psychiatry Department or joint efforts of many psychiatry departments.
- The Proposal should be presented to the Trust ( E-copy to e-mail address mentioned below and 2 hard copies to the address mentioned below) before 30th November of every year . Those works or papers or posters which have been presented or published at any psychiatry or medical education conferences or journals will also be considered.
- A panel of 4 judges (2 each from Govt & Private) who have a minimum of 10 years of experience in Undergraduate Psychiatry /Postgraduate Psychiatry will choose the best. The decision of the panel will be final. The Award will be presented at a suitable forum by the Trust before 30th March Annually. (This year’s winners will be awarded next year).
Please Note: No Recommendation letters are entertained
- There is NO Application form.
- Communication Should Be Addressed to Trust, with covering letter and supporting documents
- Those Individuals or Departments Awarded once in one section (UG/PG) will be reconsidered after 5years for new initiative or research in the same section (UG/PG).
- Letter to be Addressed : The Secretary, Minds United for Health Sciences and Humanity Trust,Sri Ganesh Krupa, M18, First floor, Main Road, Opposite SBI, Vivekanandnagar, Mysuru -570023
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- For any information related to this Award Please contact: Dr Ajay Kumar MBBS MD., +919779249422 , Email: email@example.com